The City of Inver Grove Heights will be conducting a seal coat project on several streets this summer as part of the City’s Pavement Management Program. This is considered a regular street maintenance item.
Seal coating is a regular street maintenance activity to help prolong the life of a street. First, streets are swept clear of debris and loose material. Second, an asphalt (bitumen) material is applied by a truck with a spray bar. Third, a chip rock mixture is spread and rolled into the sprayed asphalt material. Finally, the streets are swept to remove any loose material after the project is complete
The project is tentatively scheduled to start on or near July 6, 2021 weather permitting and the project will take approximately 1-2 weeks to complete.
Safety and Accessibility
- Please observe posted warning and no parking signs.
- Please stay away from equipment and materials whenever possible.
- Access to your property will be maintained to the fullest extent possible.
- Please do not park on the streets from 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. during the project until the seal coating operation is complete, and the street is swept in front of your property.
- The Contractor has the option to post “No Parking” signs 24-hours in advance of any work and have any parked vehicle towed at the owner’s expense. Please abide by the signs if posted.
- Please minimize your vehicle trips on the streets during the actual sealcoat operations, as this is a slow-moving operation.
- Please turn off sprinklers and refrain from watering lawns that are located near the street until one day after the placement of the seal coat.