North Valley Park
Parks and Trails remain Open during city closures
Many of us are staying home and avoiding crowds these days. Getting out into nature and exercising can help us relax and feel better during stressful times. Currently, Inver Grove Heights parks and trails remain open.
And we understand not only will residents and visitors continue to enjoy these parks and trails, so will many furry friends – just please remember our four-legged companions must have a leash on at all times in Inver Grove Heights. And don’t forget to clean up after your pups, too!
The Off-leash Dog Park is currently CLOSED.
Playgrounds, playground equipment, tennis courts and pickleball courts are CLOSED.
As of April 18, Inver Wood Golf Course has reopened to the public with safe social distancing rules in place. Learn more at www.inverwood.org.
The Disc Golf Course is also open with safe social distancing rules in place.
If you choose to visit our local parks and trails, the National Recreation and Parks Association offers a few recommendations on observing social distancing in parks and on trails:
- Follow CDC’s guidance on personal hygiene prior to heading to trails — wash hands, carry hand sanitizer, do not use trails if you have symptoms, cover your mouth and nose when coughing or sneezing, etc.
- Observe at all times the CDC’s minimum recommended social distancing of six feet from other people. Practice it and know what it looks like. Keep it as you walk, bike or hike.
- Warn other trail users of your presence and as you pass to allow proper distance and step off trails to allow others to pass, keeping minimum recommended distances at all times. Signal your presence with your voice, bell or horn.
- In Inver Grove Heights park users will find public restrooms closed — be prepared before you leave and time outings so that you are not dependent on public restrooms.
- Bring water or drinks — public drinking fountains should not be used, even if operable.
- Bring a suitable trash bag. Leave no trash, take everything out to protect park workers.
- You are discouraged from using playgrounds and playground equipment, as we have posted signs indicating their closure.
This guidance is current today (3/20/20), and staff continues to monitor CDC guidance and local, state and federal updates daily.
To stay informed, visit the City’s COVID-19 web page and sign up for email updates from the City:
More about this park
North Valley Park is a beautifully wooded area in the heart of Inver Grove Heights located at 2800 70th St. E. This large park includes 58 acres of land.
Amenities include baseball/ softball fields, soccer fields, tennis courts (non-lit), pickleball courts, picnic tables, a grill and trails.
North Valley is also home to the Inver Grove Heights Disc Golf Course and the new Outdoor Pickleball Courts!
View a map of North Valley Disc Golf Course. This Disc Golf Course remains open to the public with safe social distancing rules in place. Visit the Disc Golf web page to learn more about purchasing a season pass.
Outdoor Pickleball Courts CLOSED until further notice
|Acres||Playground||Picnic Tables||Picnic Shelters||Grills||Fishing||Trails|
|Ball Fields||Basketball Courts||Skating Rinks||Warming Houses||Tennis Courts||Volleyball Courts||Soccer Fields|
|Tennis Courts Striped for Pickleball (non-lit)|