Bad Checks

Bad Checks Diversion

The Inver Grove Heights Police Department has teamed up with Financial Crimes Services and implemented a bad check diversion program. This program is geared for both Inver Grove Heights businesses and residents who receive a bad check that is under $1,500. If your check is over $1,500, contact the Inver Grove Heights Police Department at (651) 322-2323 or 9-1-1.

In order to use this program, you must agree to a memorandum of understanding and fill out a preliminary worthless check report form. Once the form is completed you mail the check and documentation to the check diversion program. The memorandum of understanding and worthless check report form can be found on the Financial Crimes web site.

There is no cost to businesses or residents to be involved with the check diversion program. Checks eligible for this program include NSF, account closed, refer to maker, stop payment, business to business, rent, and electronic checks received within the city limits not exceeding $1,500.

For more information on this program works, Financial Crimes Services can be reached at (800) 880-5420.