Carleda Way Area Reconstruction
The city of Inver Grove Heights will complete a full reconstruction* of Carleda Way, 63rd Ct. E. and 64th Ct. E (CP 2016-09F). As well as replace the watermain and sanitary sewer within the neighborhood.
A feasibility study for the street and utility improvements was started in 2015 but was ultimately put on hold to further review 64th Ct flooding. A sister project was created, CP 2016-13 Cahill Trunk Sewer Improvements, and both projects were put on hold until a final solution to the street flooding and a funding source could be identified. The city has identified the necessary funding for both projects as part of their recent Capital Improvement Plan update and is planning for construction in 2022.
Tentative Project Timeline:
- Virtual Neighborhood Open House: Feb. 24 at 6 p.m. - register above
- Resident Questionnaire: February 2021 (sent in the mail to residents to complete and return)
- Feasibility Report Development and Neighborhood Meeting: February 2021
- Council Consideration: March 2021
- Final Design and Easement Acquisition: March 2021 to February 2022
- Bidding: March/April 2022
- Begin Construction: Summer 2022
*A full reconstruction of these urban streets (Carleda Way, 63rd Ct. E. and 64th Ct. E.) includes replacement of the existing asphalt pavement, gravel and underlying poor soils. It also includes the restoration of any driveway or yard affected by the work, the installation of concrete curb and gutter, and improvements to the storm water system.
Sign up for the "Notify Me" subscriber list for this project to receive updates on project progress and scheduling: www.ighmn.gov/list.aspx.
If you have questions or concerns regarding the work being performed please feel free to contact Project Manager Luke Moren from Kimley-Horn at 651-643-0489 or Luke.Moren@kimley-horn.com, or Assistant City Engineer, Steve Dodge at 651-450-2541 or email@example.com.