Northwest Area Planning Initiatives
The City of Inver Grove Heights' plans have anticipated the development of the Northwest Area for many years. This area is currently undergoing development and is anticipated to have variety of land uses including Single-family residential, Multiple-family residential, Commercial retail, offices and industrial uses while also preserving the open space and of high-quality natural resources of the area.
In anticipation of this development, the city has conducted a series of studies and plans and adopted new land use, storm water and financial regulations. Find the most recent Northwest Area neighborhood development below:
Find additional planning and stormwater related development resources below.
- Northwest Area Overlay District Map
- Northwest Area Zoning Ordinance
- Northwest Expansion Area: Alternative Urban Areawide Review (AUAR) Update
- Northwest Area Stormwater Manual
- Natural Resource Inventory
- NW Quadrant Hydrologic & Hydraulic Report
- Northwest Area Collector Street Plan
- Northwest Area Overview Presentation by HKGI
For questions about land use or development projects, please email City Planner Allan Hunting at 651-450-2554
For questions related to engineering issues, roadways or infrastructure and utility systems, please email City Engineer Tom Kaldunski or call 651-450-2572