Thank you for choosing to do business in Inver Grove Heights! Our local businesses enrich our community and make IGH a nicer place to live. We are here to help your business operate safely and successfully.
Our City Clerk is responsible for overseeing, authorizing and processing all licensing and permits for the following:
- Automobile sales
- Automobile service stations
- Body art establishments (please contact City Clerk)
- Bowling alleys (please contact City Clerk)
- Garbage (Rubbish) Hauler
- Liquor sales
- Massage Therapists and Therapeutic Massage Businesses
- Pawnbrokers and precious metal dealers (please contact City Clerk)
- Peddlers and Solicitors
- New Kennel or Renewal Kennel
- Dog Licensing
- Raising Chickens
These are required forms that should be included in all applications. The criminal history authorization (background release) must be completed for Liquor, Massage, and Solicitor/Peddler licensing/permits. Permit applications should be emailed to permits.
Renewing Your License
- Renewals are accepted as early as March 1 of each calendar year.
- Renewal application and payment must be made by mail or in person at City Hall before April 15 unless it is a Liquor Renewal which must be received no later than the 2nd Monday of November.
- Checks must be payable to the City of Inver Grove Heights. For details on fees go to our Fee Schedule. Approved license certificates (renewals) are mailed out to license holders between the 3rd and 4th week in May.
- Permit applications should be emailed to permits.
- Please make an appointment with the City Clerk if you are a first time applicant so we can best assist you to provide you with all the detailed information necessary for a successful completion of your application.
- The City Clerk’s appointment schedule is from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Mondays (1st, 2nd and 4th Monday of the month) and 8:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. Tuesday-Friday and the 3rd Monday of the month. In some cases, the appointment may take up to an hour.
- Email the City Clerk to schedule your appointment.
- If you stop into City Hall without making an appointment, the City Clerk may not be available to discuss your application, to prevent this from happening, please make an appointment.