Voting Early (absentee)
Early Voting for the 2022 General Election runs Friday, Sept. 23 through Monday, Nov. 7.
Voters may vote early (absentee). There are three ways to vote absentee:
1. By Mail: Request an absentee ballot either online or via paper application.
Please note: Voters must return their absentee ballot to the Election Office at City Hall either via U.S. mail or dropped off in person no later than 3 p.m. on Election Day, or delivered by a package delivery service no later than 8 p.m. on Election Day. The 24-hour ballot drop box that was in place for the 2020 elections is no longer provided.
2. In Person: Request an absentee ballot in person at City Hall during regular business hours Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m., September 23 through October 31.
3. Direct Ballot: Request an absentee ballot in person at City Hall and place it directly into a tabulator.
In-person early voting is offered at City Hall, 8150 Barbara Ave, Inver Grove Heights, starting seven days prior to Election Day, including Saturday, November 5 for the General Election.
HOURS for Early Voting In Person for the General Election at City Hall:
- Tue, Nov. 1: 8 a.m.-6 p.m.
- Wed, Nov. 2: 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
- Thu, Nov. 3: 8 a.m.-6 p.m.
- Fri, Nov. 4: 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
- Sat, Nov. 5: 10 a.m.-3 p.m.;
- Sunday, Nov. 6: CLOSED
- Mon, Nov. 7: 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
Curbside Voting For those unable to come inside City Hall for early voting, when you arrive in the City Hall parking lot, call the Election Office at 651-450-2463.
For questions about early voting or Election Day voting, contact the Election Office at Elections@ighmn.gov or 651-450-2463.