The Utility Truck
The department has the following utility trucks used to handle specific tasks.
- Make/Model: Chevrolet Custom Deluxe
- Year: 1982
- Manufacturer: Pierce Manufacturing, Inc.
- Location: Station 1
- Description: Utility 18 is a small dry chemical truck built to augment service to the many specialized facilities found within or just outside Inver Grove Heights city limits. The truck carries 500 lbs. of “Purple K” extinguishing agent, which can be used to fight liquid, spill, or electrical fires. It can be crewed by two firefighters.
- Make/Model: Edgewater
- Year: 2004
- Manufacturer: Edgewood
- Location: River Heights Medina Dock 2
- Description: Boat 1 is a 25’ Edgewater V-hull, outfitted with twin 150HP Mercury outboards. It is used primarily to access the 12.5 miles of shoreline and islands of the Mississippi River that forms the city’s eastern border. While Boat 1 lacks complete fire suppression capability today. Plans are being made to enhance our suppression capabilities with a 590gpm pump. Boat 1 is used to access the numerous islands throughout the department’s coverage area, as well as individuals in the water or other water emergencies. Boat 1 can be crewed by 3-6 firefighters and can carry an additional 3800 lbs. of cargo when in operation.
- Make/Model: SeaRider 400
- Year: 2014
- Manufacturer: Zodiac MilPro
- Location: Station 2
- Description: Boat 2 is a Zodiac SeaRider 400 ribbed, partially inflatable, rapid deployment watercraft, outfitted with a 40HP Mercury motor. It is used primarily to access the 12.5 miles of shoreline and islands of the Mississippi River that forms the city’s eastern border. Boat 2 strengths are in its ability to reach the numerous shallow backwaters that no other public safety watercraft can reach along with its ability to access the numerous islands throughout the department’s coverage area. Boat 2 can be crewed by two firefighters and can carry an additional 2100 lbs. of cargo when in operation.