WINTER CLOTHING SWAP | Friday, Dec. 10 (4:30-7:30 p.m.) | FREE event!
Spruce up your winter wardrobe for FREE at our city's Winter Clothing Swap event! Bring gently used winter clothes to give away and browse for something new-to-you.
- Friday, December 10: 4:30-7:30 p.m.
- Veterans Memorial Community Center, Community Room 1 | 8055 Barbara Avenue, Inver Grove Heights (Enter Door E)
- All items are FREE and everyone is welcome. You do not have to be an Inver Grove Heights resident to attend.
This reuse event is a great opportunity to bid adieu to items that are no longer serving you or your family, but still have plenty to provide to someone else. So check those closets, as new and gently used adults and children's winter clothing will be accepted. Items must be clean and in good condition. After you donate your gently used winter items, it's your turn to browse! Size up winter clothing for growing kids, or pick out a new style for yourself for FREE!
How to Swap
- Bring in new or gently used adults or children's coats, boots, snow pants, hats, mittens or scarves. Items must be clean and in good condition.
- Browse items brought in by others. You can take home new-to-you items for FREE if interested!
Don't have something to give away? That is ok - part of this event is about providing these essential winter items for those in need in our community. Everyone is welcome to attend the event, browse items and take something home.
The first 25 attendees to bring winter clothing to swap or a nonperishable food donation for Neighbors Inc.'s local food shelf will receive a FREE LED light bulb kit provided by Xcel Energy!
Can’t attend the Swap Event?
To help promote reuse of gently used winter clothing in our community we hope you can attend the Winter Clothing Swap in-person to browse for a free item in exchange of your donation. If you are unable to attend the Winter Clothing Swap but still have gently used winter clothing to give away, contact the event coordinator Ally Sutherland at 651-604-8511 to schedule a drop off prior to the event. Space is limited.
We hope you will show your attitude of gratitude this season and participate in this unique reuse event and contribute as you are able. Get all the details: www.ighmn.gov/collectionevents
Contact Ally Sutherland at email@example.com.
This event is partially funded by the Minnesota Pollution Control Agency and Dakota County.