Traffic Signals

To determine when and if traffic signals may be needed (warranted), traffic engineers compare existing conditions against nationally accepted minimum guidelines - often called "warrants". When these warrants are met, a traffic signal may be considered for installation.

One of the most common maintenance items is the changing of bulbs. If you observe a bulb out or what you believe is a traffic signal malfunction, please contact the city at 651-450-2500.

Traffic signal timing and coordination on county roads are under the jurisdiction of Dakota County. These roadways include 70th Street (County Road 26), 80th Street (County Road 28), Concord Boulevard (County Road 56), Mendota Road (County Road 14), and Babcock Trail (County Road 73). If you have a timing concern for signals located on county roads, please email Dakota County or call 952-891-7000.