Liquor Licensing

Types of Liquor Licensing

For specific details on the type of license, please refer to the City Code. Each type of license is defined in: Title 4, Chapter 1: Alcoholic Beverages: 4-1-4.

The City of Inver Grove Heights has defined the categories of liquor licensing as follows:

  • On-sale intoxicating liquor license.
  • Off-sale intoxicating liquor license.
  • On-sale wine license.
  • Temporary off-sale wine license.
  • Club intoxicating liquor license.
  • Sunday on-sale intoxicating liquor license.
  • Temporary on-sale intoxicating liquor license.
  • One day consumption and display permit.
  • On-sale 3.2 percent malt liquor license.
  • Off-sale 3.2 percent malt liquor license.
  • Temporary on-sale 3.2 percent malt liquor license.
  • Culinary class limited on-sale license.
  • On-sale brewer taproom license.
  • Off-sale small brewer license. (Ord. 1276, 1-27-2014)
  • Liquor License Extension

Current Liquor License Holders

View a list of current license holders.

Please make an appointment with the City Clerk if you are a first time applicant so we can best assist you to provide you with all the detailed information necessary for a successful completion of your application. The City Clerk’s appointment schedule is from 8:30 a.m.- 5 p.m. Mondays (1st, 2nd and 4th Monday of the month) and 8:30 a.m.-3 p.m. Tuesday-Friday and the 3rd Monday of the month. In some cases, the appointment may take up to an one hour. 

Contact the City Clerk via email or by phone to schedule your appointment. If you stop into the City Hall without making an appointment, the City Clerk may not be available to discuss your application, to prevent this from happening, please make an appointment.

Outside Events 

Liquor License Premise Extension

All Liquor License holders must submit a liquor license premise extension permit 6-8 weeks prior to any outside event. The application process requires that Police, Fire and Administration review the application and Council approval. On site inspection will be done on the days of the event to make sure the event takes into consideration underage drinking, security, and fire safety. You may have up to 3 events per year but must complete one application per one event. Each event must not last longer than 2 days in duration. There is currently no fee associated with this permit. An insurance certificate with coverage extending to the outside area must be submitted along with the application. Please refer to City Code 4-1-15 C for details.