The City of Inver Grove Heights, in partnership with Dakota County, provides a place to dispose of prescription drugs safely and anonymously. The medication drop box is located near the Police Department counter inside City Hall (8150 Barbara Avenue) and is accessible Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. The closest parking lot and entryway is located on the west side of City Hall.
How to Drop Off Your Medicine:
- Drop-off is safe and anonymous. No ID is required and no questions will be asked.
- Keep medicines in their original container and place them in a sealed, clear plastic bag (pills can remain in their blister packs).
- Use a marker to cross out your name on the medicine containers.
- Place medicine that is no longer in its original container in a clear plastic bag and write the name of the medicine on the bag.
- Medicines from households are accepted in any form, including prescription, over-the-counter, and pet medications.
- No medicines from businesses, including health care facilities, long-term care facilities, pharmacies, doctors’ offices, and veterinary clinics can be accepted.
- Not Accepted: Needles/sharps and fever thermometers
Every April National Take Back Day is recognized by the DEA. Learn more about this event and how to participate at IGH PD.